Your membership in the Missouri Apartment Association grants you numerous benefits including:
- Educational seminars provided throughout the state with local affiliates on subjects such as fair housing and resident retention.
- Several courses in designation from the National Apartment Association offered throughout the year.
- Communication on key issues which affect the multi-family industry.
- A full-time lobbyist in Jefferson City who actively monitors and promotes legislation affecting the multi-family industry.
If you have a property contained within the Chapter boundaries below, you will need to join the Chapter per NAA affiliate guidelines. If you have property outside the Chapters boundaries, we would like to extend an invitation to join the MAA as a direct member.
- Apartment Association of Kansas City – Platte, Clay, Jackson, Johnson, Buchannan, Cass, and Ray Counties in Missouri. Johnson, Douglas, Leavenworth and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas
- Columbia Apartment Association – Boone County
- Mid-Missouri Apartment Association (Jefferson City) – Cole, Callaway, Morgan, and Osage Counties
- Saint Louis Apartment Association – St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson, Franklin and St. Charles Counties in Missouri. St. Clair, Madison, Clinton, Jersey and Monroe Counties in llinois.
- Southwest Missouri Rental Housing Association (Joplin) – McDonald County, Newton, Jasper, Barton Counties in Missouri. Cherokee County in Kansas
- Springfield Apartment and Housing Association – Greene, Christian, Webster, Dallas, Polk, Dade, and Lawrence Counties
“A direct member of MAA is also a member of NAA. MAA provides a conduit through which a member learns about the latest rules, regulations, building codes, licensing, and inspection fees and penalties that are being implimented or proposed on a National, State, and Local level. Current issues include: broadening of the definition of fair housing, expansion of the lead-based paint regulations, building code changes, storm water runnoff regulations and penalties for existing properties, local inspection fees, landlord responsibility for unpaid utilities when a tenant vacates, bed bug mitigation responsibilities, and estate tax reform. Membership is the best way to stay informed on current laws and regulations and to avoid costly lawsuits or government fines and penalties.”
Owner, Jefferson West & Cliffside Apartments, Jefferson City, MO